Wood is recruiting for an Engineer with a Mechanical engineering background who is interested to focus on rotating and static equipment within a consultancy environment to be based in our Brisbane office.
At Wood we have world class engineering capability in the fields of Vibration, Dynamics and Noise (VDN) and this role sits within the team with who are specialists in their field. We demonstrate technical excellence in resolving the causes and effects of vibration in rotating equipment and machinery providing engineering solutions and services improving the integrity and performance.
Our ideal candidate will have strong capabilities in a customer facing role and enthusiasm for contributing to team experience and professional and personal growth. We value commitment, collaboration, cooperation and enthusiasm. In joining this specialist team you will:
- Perform analysis of turbo-machinery and balance of plant data using a range of portable and online systems
- Assist with investigations, providing technical input for equipment failures and troubleshooting projects, alignments, balancing, ODS (Operational Deflection Shape) and RCA (Root Cause Analysis)
- Assist in developing and maintaining key client relationships
- Manage, implement and improve vibration, lubrication and thermography based predictive maintenance programs including on-site data collection, analysis and developing recommendations for remedial actions
- Execute maintenance strategies and programs for clients whilst seeking opportunities to improve them utilising the latest data analytics techniques
- Identify opportunities to improve client plant reliability, availability and performance, collaborating with clients to turn to their advantage
- Assist with RCM (Reliability Centred Maintenance) and FMECA (Failure Mode, Effects, and Criticality Analysis)
- Work with world-class industry experts who are pushing the edge of technology envelope
- Collaborate with other teams across VDN and the wider Wood business to deliver effective solutions to clients
Please note that we are only able to accept applications from Australian citizens or those who currently hold a Permanent Residency (PR) visa and are able to work lawfully in Australia without company sponsorship.
Wood is currently recruiting for Summer Vacation Students for our Perth based program starting in December 2021.
These positions will report directly to the Lead Structural Engineer.
Our paid 12-week Program has been specifically designed to give you hands-on experience, and immersive development and learning opportunities. It also feeds into our Wood Graduate Program, which means if you perform well in the Program, you’ll be considered for early offers and will join us when you graduate.
It also feeds into our Wood Graduate Program, which means if you’re one of our top performers you’ll be considered for early offers. This year, we are looking for students who are studying Civil/Structural Engineering.
Our program runs full-time for 12 weeks, and we offer:
- Extensive on-the-job training, where we pay you for real, meaningful work
- Early consideration for our 2023 Graduate Development Program, so you can line up a job before you complete your studies
- Access to a vibrant community of students and recent graduates. You'll have a dedicated current graduate as your buddy while you're on the program
Agency / Contract
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.